Akka Essentials with Scala | Rock the JVM
Learn the Akka actor model with Scala and write parallel, concurrent and fault-tolerant systems
What you’ll learn
create concurrent applications with actors instead of threads and locks
design fault-tolerant systems with supervision
configure Akka for various scenarios
confidently test actor systems
use Akka patterns and best practices
solid general programming experience
a good understanding of multithreading
a solid command of the Scala language
In this course, we will learn how to write concurrent and resilient applications using Akka actors. You’ll write 2000+ lines of Akka code yourself, with guidance, and you will become a rockstar.
This course is for Scala programmers who need to design complex and scalable concurrent applications.
- it speeds up the development of concurrent applications by as much as 10x
- its demand has exploded
- it’s a highly marketable skill
- it’s incredibly fun – once tasted Akka, you’ll never want to get back to threads
I like to get to the point and get things done. This course
- deconstructs all concepts into the critical pieces you need
- selects the most important ideas and separates them into what’s simple but critical and what’s powerful
- sequences ideas in a way that “clicks” and makes sense throughout the process of learning
- applies everything in live code
The end benefits are still much greater:
- a completely new mental model around parallel applications
- significantly more marketable resume
- more enjoyable work – Akka is fun!
This course is for established programmers with experience with Scala and with functional programming at the level of the Rock the JVM Scala beginners course. I already assume a solid understanding of general programming fundamentals.
This course is NOT for you if
- you’ve never written Scala code before
- you’ve never worked with threads
The course is comprehensive, but you’ll always see me get straight to the point. So make sure you have a good level of focus and commitment to become a badass programmer.
I believe both theory and practice are important. That’s why you’ll get lectures with code examples, real life code demos and assignments, plus additional resources, instructions, exercises and solutions. At the end of the course, you’ll have written thousands of lines of Akka.
I’ve seen that my students are most successful – and my best students work at Google-class companies – when they’re guided, but not being told what to do. I have exercises waiting for you, where I offer my (opinionated) guidance but otherwise freedom to experiment and improve upon your code.
Definitely not least, my students are most successful when they have fun along the way!
So join me in this course and let’s rock the JVM!
Who this course is for:
- Scala developers who need to design complex distributed systems
- developers looking to get into the field of fast data
Created by Daniel Ciocîrlan
Last updated 3/2021
Size: 5.90 GB