AWS Serverless REST APIs for Java Developers. CI/CD included
Build Serverless REST APIs with Java. AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, AWS SAM, AWS Developer Tools.
What you’ll learn
REST API and its design principles
Building Serverless REST APIs in AWS with Java
Amazon API Gateway
Build and deploy API with AWS SAM
Implement User Sign-up, Sign-in and Conformation features
Learn to use Cognito Authorizers
Implement custom Lambda Authorizer to validate JWT
Learn to Encrypt & Decrypt sensitive environment variables
Learn to use API Keys and Usage Plans
Unit Test AWS Lambda functions
AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline
Basic knowledge of Java
AWS Serverless is probably the quickest way to build a very stable REST APIs that scale to serve millions of users. A very simple Mock API can be created and deployed in minutes. An API that uses AWS Lambda compute service will take longer but how much longer will depend on the business logic that you need to write.
In this video course, you will learn what is REST API and how to create one using AWS Serverless Services.
You will learn in detail how to use Amazon API Gateway to create REST APIs, and AWS Lambda Compute Service to execute business logic. The course is designed for absolute beginners, so you do not need to have any experience with AWS Serverless.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create RESTful API endpoints,
- Build and deploy API with AWS SAM,
- Validate HTTP request body and request parameters,
- Transform HTTP request body into a different model,
- Transform HTTP response JSON into a different one,
- Deploy APIs into different stages,
- Perform Canary Release Deployments and shift traffic between different versions of APIs,
- Publish multiple versions of Lambda functions and shift traffic between these functions,
- Document and Export REST API,
- Implement User Sign-up with Amazon Cognito,
- Learn to use Cognito Authorizer to control who can access your API in Amazon API Gateway,
- Implement custom Lambda Authorizer that validates JWT,
- Secure API endpoints with API Keys and learn to configure requests Throattling and Quota,
- Unit Test AWS Lambda functions,
- Build CI/CD Pipeline using AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodePipeline developer tools.
If you want to learn how to build REST APIs quickly, without starting, configuring, and managing any servers, then this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Java developers interested in learning how to build Serverless REST APIs in Amazon Cloud
Created by Sergey Kargopolov
Last updated 2/2023
Size: 5.35 GB