CCA 131 – Cloudera Certified Hadoop and Spark Administrator
Prepare for CCA 131 by setting up cluster from scratch and performing tasks based on scenarios derived from curriculum.
- Prepare for CCA 131 Administrator Exam
- Provision Cluster from GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Create Virtual Machines using Vagrant
- Setup Ansible for server automation
- Setup 8 node cluster from scratch using CDH
- Understand Architecture of HDFS, YARN, Spark, Hive, Hue and many more
- Basic Linux Skills
- A 64 bit computer with minimum of 4 GB RAM
- Operating System – Windows 10 or Mac or Linux Flavor
CCA 131 is certification exam conducted by the leading Big Data Vendor, Cloudera. This online proctored exam is scenario based which means it is very hands on. You will be provided with multi-node cluster and need to take care of given tasks.
To prepare the certification one need to have hands on exposure in building and managing the clusters. However, with limited infrastructure it is difficult to practice in a laptop. We understand that problem and built the course using Google Cloud Platform where you can get credit up to $300 till offer last and use it to get hands on exposure in building and managing Big Data Clusters using CDH.
Install – Demonstrate an understanding of the installation process for Cloudera Manager, CDH, and the ecosystem projects.
- Set up a local CDH repository
- Perform OS-level configuration for Hadoop installation
- Install Cloudera Manager server and agents
- Install CDH using Cloudera Manager
- Add a new node to an existing cluster
- Add a service using Cloudera Manager
Configure – Perform basic and advanced configuration needed to effectively administer a Hadoop cluster
- Configure a service using Cloudera Manager
- Create an HDFS user’s home directory
- Configure NameNode HA
- Configure ResourceManager HA
- Configure proxy for Hiveserver2/Impala
Manage – Maintain and modify the cluster to support day-to-day operations in the enterprise
- Rebalance the cluster
- Set up alerting for excessive disk fill
- Define and install a rack topology script
- Install new type of I/O compression library in cluster
- Revise YARN resource assignment based on user feedback
- Commission/decommission a node
Secure – Enable relevant services and configure the cluster to meet goals defined by security policy; demonstrate knowledge of basic security practices
- Configure HDFS ACLs
- Install and configure Sentry
- Configure Hue user authorization and authentication
- Enable/configure log and query redaction
- Create encrypted zones in HDFS
Test – Benchmark the cluster operational metrics, test system configuration for operation and efficiency
- Execute file system commands via HTTPFS
- Efficiently copy data within a cluster/between clusters
- Create/restore a snapshot of an HDFS directory
- Get/set ACLs for a file or directory structure
- Benchmark the cluster (I/O, CPU, network)
Troubleshoot – Demonstrate ability to find the root cause of a problem, optimize inefficient execution, and resolve resource contention scenarios
- Resolve errors/warnings in Cloudera Manager
- Resolve performance problems/errors in cluster operation
- Determine reason for application failure
- Configure the Fair Scheduler to resolve application delays
- You will start with creating Cloudera QuickStart VM (in case you have laptop with 16 GB RAM with Quad Core). This will facilitate you to get comfortable with Cloudera Manager.
- You will be able to sign up for GCP and avail credit up to $300 while offer lasts. Credits are valid up to year.
- You will then understand brief overview about GCP and provision 7 to 8 Virtual Machines using templates. You will also attaching external hard drive to configure for HDFS later.
- Once servers are provisioned, you will go ahead and set up Ansible for Server Automation.
- You will take care of local repository for Cloudera Manager and Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop using Packages.
- You will then setup Cloudera Manager with custom database and then Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop using Wizard that comes as part of Cloudera Manager.
- As part of setting up of Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop you will setup HDFS, learn HDFS Commands, Setup YARN, Configure HDFS and YARN High Availability, Understand about Schedulers, Setup Spark, Transition to Parcels, Setup Hive and Impala, Setup HBase and Kafka etc.
- Once all the services are configured, we will revise for exam by mapping with required skills of the exam.
- System Administrators who want to understand Big Data eco system and setup clusters
- Experienced Big Data Administrators who want to prepare for the certification exam
- Entry level professionals who want to learn basics and Setup Big Data Clusters
Created by Durga Viswanatha Raju Gadiraju, Ritesh varma, Itversity Support
Last updated 6/2019
Size: 12.44 GB