Critical Thinking and Career Planning: Fortune 500 Firms
Master critical thinking and career planning best practices used by Fortune 500 firms taught by world-renowned expert
What you’ll learn
Master critical thinking and career planning best practices used by Fortune 500 firms to help their staff seize competitive advantage in their careers
Feel truly confident about making the right call in your critical thinking and career planning practices to achieve your full potential and income
Develop a plan with specific next steps to adapt for yourself the methods used by Fortune 500 firms for critical thinking and career planning success
Discover the dangerous judgment errors (cognitive biases) that lead to critical thinking and career planning disasters & how Fortune 500 firms defeat them
Free yourself of constant ruminations, numerous grey zones, and mental blindspots that plague typical critical thinking and career planning scenarios
You need to trust best practices from Fortune 500 firms and behavioral science-based findings over outdated advice such as “go with your gut” in order to seize a competitive advantage in critical thinking and career planning outcomes
Your critical thinking and career planning practices will determine whether your career thrives in the increasingly-disrupted post-COVID future of work.
Yet traditional advice to “go with your gut” in critical thinking and career planning scenarios so often leads to disasters, as revealed by research in behavioral economics, psychology, and cognitive neuroscience. So how do Fortune 500 companies help their leaders and staff make the right calls on even the toughest decisions in critical thinking and career planning strategies?
They recognize that behavioral science has revealed that our typical approach to critical thinking and career planning scenarios suffers from systematic dangerous judgment errors called cognitive biases. Fortunately, recent scholarship has revealed effective yet counterintuitive strategies to enable you to defeat these cognitive biases. In this course, you will learn about and address these dangerous judgment errors, while mastering techniques for critical thinking and career planning success drawing on cutting-edge behavioral science and real-world best practices from Fortune 500 companies.
After taking this course, you will:
· Master critical thinking and career planning best practices used by Fortune 500 firms to help their staff seize competitive advantage in their careers
· Feel truly confident about making the right call in your critical thinking and career planning practices to achieve your full potential and income
· Develop a plan with specific next steps to adapt for yourself the methods used by Fortune 500 firms for critical thinking and career planning success
· Discover the dangerous judgment errors (cognitive biases) that lead to critical thinking and career planning disasters & how Fortune 500 firms defeat them
· Free yourself of constant ruminations, numerous grey zones, and mental blindspots that plague typical critical thinking and career planning scenarios
Sounds too good to be true? These methods were successfully used by Aflac, Applied Materials, Entergy, Honda, IBM, Reckitt, Wells Fargo, and Xerox to dramatically improve the critical thinking and career planning practices of their leaders and staff. Over the last two decades, I trained the employees at these Fortune 500 companies, as well as at numerous middle-market companies and quickly-growing startups, as the CEO of the boutique future-proofing consultancy Disaster Avoidance Experts. The secrets used by these companies will be revealed in this course.
Here’s a recent testimonial from Cheryl Smith, Global Director of Talent Management, Organizational Capabilities, and Diversity at Xerox, a company ranked #415 by Fortune, about the impact of my career plan coaching for her:
· “I really like your coaching style. You ask meaningful questions without ‘leading the witness.’ It’s a great fit for executives.”
Here’s a recent testimonial from Harish Phadke, the Business Manager for the head of the North American Health division at Reckitt, a company ranked #326 by Fortune, about the impact of my training on the Reckitt North American Health Leadership Team:
· “Dr. Gleb Tsipursky provided a truly outstanding virtual training on unconscious bias and future-proofing via emotional and social intelligence for the Reckitt North American Health Leadership Team. Exceeding our expectations, Dr Gleb customized his groundbreaking, behavioral science-driven training content to integrate our initiatives, policies, and case studies at Reckitt, expertly targeting our evolving needs. We are delighted to have met Dr. Gleb, and look forward to future opportunities to keep working with him on a training series for the organization. I highly recommend him for anyone who wants to get a rapid grasp of highly relevant topics which influence human behavior in the prevailing challenging times.”
Here’s another recent testimonial by Susan Winchester, the Chief Human Resource Officer at Applied Materials, a Fortune 200 high-tech manufacturing company:
· “Hi, I’m Susan Winchester, and it’s my delight and pleasure to tell you a little bit about our experience with Dr. Gleb. He had a big positive impact at Applied Materials. Our leaders and engineers love data-based, research-based insights, which is exactly what he brings. He hit it out of the park, and he used a team led process, which was incredibly engaging. He introduced us to a concept he created called asynchronous brainstorming. It was a process we used with hundreds and hundreds of leaders globally at the same time. We did this during our CEO kickoff session for our strategy work. In a very short amount of time, we were able to get great benefits. I also love the work he’s doing to educate leaders around the power and positive benefits of hybrid and virtual working. And one of his techniques that I’m planning to use is what he calls “virtual coworking”, where you and as many coworkers as you’d like create a virtual meeting, no purpose or agenda, but rather just to be working with one another. I highly endorse Dr. Gleb’s work with leadership teams.”
Besides such real-world, pragmatic expertise, I have a strong academic background as a behavioral scientist studying career decision making and related fields. I spent 8 years at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, first getting a PhD and then serving as a lecturer there. Then, I spent 7 years as a professor at the Ohio State University’s Decision Sciences Collaborative and History Department. There, I published dozens of peer-reviewed articles on these topics in high-quality academic journals such as Behavior and Social Issues and Journal of Social and Political Psychology. Thus, this course is thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research.
This combination of business and science led to my expertise gaining global recognition. I published over 650 articles and gave over 550 interviews to prominent venues. They include Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, Fox News, USA Today, CBS News, CNBC, Time, Business Insider, Government Executive, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, Inc. Magazine, and Fortune.
Further attesting to my global renown, my work was translated into Chinese, German, Russian, Korean, Polish, Spanish, French and other languages.
That’s what you can expect in this course: methods used successfully at even the biggest companies to seize competitive advantage, thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research, and featured in top media venues and best-selling books around the globe. The course features modules with videos and assignments from the course materials textbook packet.
Course Content and Structure Overview
- The course is self-paced, consisting of modules which the participants can complete any time they want.
- For each module, participants in the course will first read book chapters from the textbook. Then, participants will answer questions in the book chapters. Each chapter has references for additional readings that participants are invited to check out for additional context on any concepts about which they wish to learn more.
- Next, participants will watch the video for each segment, which uses case studies to apply the content of the readings to real-life scenarios.
- After each video, the participants should journal for 20-30 minutes to answer the questions in the prompts.
This is an intermediate-level course: at least a year of real-world professional experience is required to appreciate the strategies and case studies outlined in the class.
I look forward to welcoming you into the world of evidence-based, science-driven techniques tested in the real world of many Fortune 500 companies and numerous middle-market companies and startups. To ensure that you master the secrets of Fortune 500 firms to help yourself seize competitive advantage in your critical thinking and career planning practices, register now!
Who this course is for:
- Current and aspiring leaders who want to dramatically improve their critical thinking and career planning success using Fortune 500 firm methods will get the most benefit from this course, as case studies and examples are best suited to their needs
Created by Dr. Gleb Tsipursky
Last updated 10/2022
Size : 1.63 GB