Node js with Test Driven Development
Learn Node js by building a complete fully functional backend rest application with express.js an testing it with jest
What you’ll learn
Practice Test Driven Development in a real project from beginning to the end
Learn the test runner, Jest and understand how to structure test modules
Create a fully functional application with Express js
Learn how to build a RestFul API
Make your application configurable to work in different environments
Make your application aware of user locale, and support internationalization, i18n
Use Sequelize to connect the application to RDBMS like PostgreSQL and handle all database related operations
Secure your application with common practices. Basic authentication, JWT and your custom token implementation
Deploy the application to a VM in cloud
Experience automated deployment by pushing a commit from your machine to Github. Github Actions will do the rest.
Feel how the test driven development is giving confidence when refactoring, and deploying your application.
User Registration with email verification flow, account activation
Password Reset flow
In this course we will be building a fully functional backend service with express of node js. we will call our application as hoaxify.
while building this application, we will learn
- how we can build a restful web service with express js, with all necessary functionalities like validation, internationalization, static resource serving, caching, json manipulation, interacting with external services
- how we can handle database operations with orm package, sequelize.
- how we can manage database version history and migrations
and we will see
- how test driven development works.
- how it’s affecting our code quality, reusability
- how it’s giving us the confidence about refactoring our implementation
- how we can deploy the application to heroku
- how we can create an instance in google cloud and deploy our application to it
- and how we can automate the deployment with github actions.
This course is purely built on practice. Each code piece we write, will be for our actual application implementation.
In each section we will gradually build our application. We will not jump ahead and add functionality not needed for that moment. We will implement one requirement at a time. Each implementation will bring the next requirement to us.
And following this practice, will help you to get a solid foundation about overall rest web services requirements and how to implement one of them with node js by following test driven development methodology.
Who this course is for:
- Developer who wants to see Test Driven Development in action
- Developers who are interested in with Node’s Express framework
- Developers who want deploy node js application to cloud
Created by Basar Buyukkahraman
Last updated 4/2022
Size: 10.67 GB