Project Kickoff Meetings: How to Lead them Effectively
Learn how to start your projects the right way using a simple, step-by-step plan
What you’ll learn
How to run customer-facing project kickoff meetings effectively
What to do before, during, and after each kickoff meeting
The exact topics to cover during your kickoff meeting, and the right sequence to present them in
The course includes two downloadable templates: A free project kickoff meeting template (in PowerPoint) and a free meeting agenda template (in MS Word format)
No special knowledge is required to enroll in the course
This course is for project managers who lead and facilitate customer-facing kickoff meetings
**This is a short course (approx 1 hour long) that gives you everything you need to know about how to lead project kickoff meetings with your team**
Learn simple concepts that help you improve your facilitation and communication skills, and become a better team leader through easy kickoff meeting tactics.
Master Simple Tips That You Can Implement Straightaway
- What to include in your project kickoff agenda, and who to share it with before your external kickoff meeting.
- How to kick off a meeting the right way by running through the agenda and having brief introductions.
- How to leverage your project sponsor to motivate the team.
- How to list out the project goals, along with your project assumptions and constraints to avoid any potential miscommunication down the line.
- The best practices of including a team organization chart and a high-level schedule so that you manage expectations the right way.
- Why you should cover a change management process and communication plan.
- How to end a project kickoff meeting properly by including a next steps section and a Q&A session.
- The most important thing you should do after your project kickoff meeting ends.
- A downloadable sample project kickoff agenda and project kickoff template.
Content and Overview
The course contains over 23 lectures and 70 minutes of content. It is designed for any project manager or team leader who plans on running project kickoff meetings for their clients or customers.
The content includes three main sections (before your meeting, during your meeting, and after your meeting), and each section includes simple steps that you can follow. The course is delivered in a format that is easily digestible for busy professionals (each video lecture is around 3 to 5 minutes long).
The course also includes two free downloadable templates (included in the materials):
- A Free Project Kickoff Meeting Template (in MS PowerPoint format) that helps you save time in creating your own
- A Free Project Kickoff Meeting Agenda Template (in MS Word format) that you can copy and paste and modify for your own team
Here’s are the steps that are covered in the course:
BEFORE Your Project Kickoff Meeting
- Step 1: Draft the Agenda
- Step 2: Gather Feedback
- Step 3: Prepare the Presentation
- Step 4: Hold an Internal Kickoff Meeting
- Step 5: Schedule the External Kickoff Meeting
DURING Your Project Kickoff Meeting
- Step 1: Welcome and Rundown of Agenda
- Step 2: Introductions
- Step 3: Project Sponsor Update
- Step 4: Project Goals
- Step 5: Team Organization Chart
- Step 6: High-Level Schedule
- Step 7: Project Assumptions and Constraints
- Step 8: Communication Plan
- Step 9: Change Management Process
- Step 10: Milestone Signoff, Technical Update, and Other Considerations [Optional]
- Step 11: Next Steps, Q&A Session, and Wrap Up
AFTER Your Project Kickoff Meeting
- Step 1: Send an Update
- Step 2: Follow up on Actions
By the end of this course, you’ll be armed with a comprehensive end-to-end process that you can implement right away to help you prepare for your kickoff meetings.
There are no requirements necessary to enroll in the course, and you can learn the material at your own pace.
★★★★★ “Great overview for the new & experienced project/program manager Great examples with words & templates to use.” – Linda Baughman
★★★★★ “Excellent stuff, 100% pure on-topic content. Thanks.” – Marcin Czajkowski
★★★★★ “Lots of good practical tips. I’ve been running kick-off meetings for several years and this course was a great refresher. I’ll use the materials as a checklist from now on. Thanks.” – Natasja Castro
★★★★★ “Very Informative and will use these suggested tips ASAP. Thank you!” – Joe Luce
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with the course for any reason, you may return the course within 30 days of the purchase date.
Ready to Start?
Click on the “Enroll Now” or “Buy Now” button in the top right corner of this page and start learning how to have effective meetings.
Who this course is for:
- Project managers and team leaders at medium to large-sized organizations
- Entrepreneurs and business owners who focus on project-based work
Created by Hassan Osman
Last updated 9/2022
Size: 250.65 MB