SOLIDWORKS – Introduction to Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Lean Basic Tools And Techniques Of FEA Static Simulation
What you’ll learn
How to Prepare Object For Static Simulation
How To Analyze Results and Enhance Product Quality
How to Perform Static Analysis Of A Solid Body, Shell Body And Frame Body (Beams And Trusses)
Get prepared for CSWSA-FEA Exam
Basics Knowledge Of Solidworks
Basic Knowledge Of Windows PC
Solidworks 2016 Software Or Newer Version
This course focus on the static analysis of the solids, shells, beams and trusses. It shows techniques and tools how to set up a model for Finite Element Analysis, how to run the analysis and interpret the results to optimize your SOLIDWORKS models. After you create your model it’s time to test a model by simulating the real environment upon which you can make changes and enhance the quality of the model. After completing this course, you’ll have the knowledge to carry out FEA with confidence.
Solidworks is the most popular design tool for creating 3D products and technical drawings. Millions of people use it to design anything from 3D-printed toys all the way up to mechanical vehicles, heavy machines and different products of everyday life.
What is FEA?
The Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is the simulation of any given physical phenomenon using the numerical technique called Finite Element Method (FEM). Engineers use FEA software to reduce the number of physical prototypes and experiments and optimize components in their design phase to develop better products, faster while saving on expenses.
What this course covers?
1. How to set up a simulation, how to prepare a model, how to define fixture and loads, how to create a mesh, how to run simulation and how to analyze results of Stress, Displacement and Strain of the Solid body.
2. You will learn how to define your own mesh, how to run multiple simulations, how to calculate stresses and strains at specific point of the model, how to create XY plots, how to re-modify model depending on the simulation results and how to create reports of the simulation study.
3. How to analyze planar symmetrical and circular symmetrical models using advanced tools. Those tools are huge help in saving the time and memory.
4. How to perform a static analysis of a shell body. There are compared two cases, one when object under analysis is created with surface tools and the second case when is created with sheet metal tools.
5. How to perform a static analysis of a frame body where body is treated like a truss. There are two examples. In first one body is created with weldments tools and in the second body is created with Extruded Boss feature.
6. How to perform a static analysis of a frame body where body is treated like a beam. It is presented how to set up a simulation, what is the difference between beam and truss and how to present the results.
7. Preparation for the CSWSA-FEA Exam.
This course will equip you with basic tools and techniques of Finite Element Analysis as well some basic theory of Finite Element Analysis. Upon completion of this course you will be able to perform analysis of solid objects, shells, beams and trusses on the basic to intermediate level.
*THIS COURSE ISN’T FOR PROFESSIONAL AND EXPERIENCED SOLIDWORKS FEA STUDENTS
If you find that any of this would beneficial for you and will help you to achieve your goals, ENROLL and begin your CAD journey!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner And Intermediate Students Who Wants To Learn Basic Finite Element Analysis
Created by Engineering & CAD School
Last updated 11/2021
Size: 2.17 GB